Do you wish to host your own region or grid of regions at a fraction of the cost of Second Life(TM)?
We can now offer the following services using OpenSimulator technology.
Do you want control of your server and who can access it?
Do you want to host behind your own firewall for extra security and privacy?
Do you want your own in-house 3D world?
- Server configuration & deployment
- Content creation
- Consultancy and management
What is OpenSim?It is a platform for operating a virtual world, and supports multiple independent regions connecting to a single centralized grid. This is somewhat similar to the web, where anyone can run their own web server, tied together through the internet. It can also be used to create a private grid, analogous to a private intranet.
With this 3D Application Server you can create a 3D Virtual World (ala Second Life(tm)), and includes facilities for creating custom avatars, chatting with others in the environment, building 3D content in world, and creating complex 3D applications in world.OpenSimulator is released under a BSD License, making it both open source, and commercially friendly to embed in products.
OpenSimulator has many useful features:
- Supports creating 1 or more 256x256 meter Regions, either on a single machine, or linked between multiple machines in grid mode.
- Extensive ability to customize your avatar, both with custom clothing, skins, and attached objects.
- The ability to create content real time in the environment using in world building tools.
- Real time physics simulation.
- In world application development using a number of different languages.